Parslows International is pleased to announce that it has acted for the Jersey Post Group (Jersey Post) on another cross border transaction, with the recent completion by Jersey Post of its investment in Parcel Monkey, a parcel delivery service enabler and provider
DLA Piper acted for Parcel Monkey on the transaction.
Parcel Monkey specialises in four diverse, yet complementary, parcel service elements:
- A parcel delivery comparison service website whereby Parcel Monkey provides parcel services at competitive pricing for consumers based on pre-approved carriers;
- A global trading platform that provides a marketplace interface through which parcel carriers can sell their services;
- Outsourced warehousing, fulfilment and distribution services for online retailers; and
- An online service for retailers to create an ecommerce storefront including website builder, domain name and hosting.
This is the latest in Jersey Post’s international acquisition and investment strategy to exploit opportunities outside the Jersey market and provides the final piece of a parcel solution portfolio – an enabling ecommerce platform that can bring together the global network and service providers into one, easy-to-access location.
In 2016, Parslows acted for Jersey Post on its acquisitions of Fraser Freight, a UK based European logistics provider and HICS, a customs clearance agent located at Heathrow.
In 2017, Parslows assisted Jersey Post with its investments in Miami based GePS, Estonian based GTS Post and Hong Kong based A2B. Parslows also acted, in 2017, for Jersey Post on its investment in HomeCall Limited – a joint venture to further develop, implement and deliver the award winning Call & Check service both in Jersey and further afield.
David Hill, Head of Corporate at Parslows International, stated: “Having advised Jersey Post on its other recent investments we are delighted to have represented Jersey Post on its successful investment in Parcel Monkey and the continued implementation of Jersey Post’s international strategy.
The legal elements to this deal demanded expertise over a range of areas and it further reinforces and demonstrates what we, as a firm, can bring to transactions. It is an excellent example of Parslows International’s depth of legal expertise both inside and outside of Jersey.
With the recent appointment of Alexis Colfer as corporate/commercial consultant in English and Irish law and further growth plans, we look forward to continuing to provide our clients with quality, experienced and commercial legal advice, particularly in the English, Irish and Jersey jurisdictions, together with seamless cross-border services”.
Cross Border & International Transactions
Media Contact – Parslows International:
Tel: 01534 630530
Media Contact – Jersey Post Group
Jersey Post Group – Head of Marketing
Tel: 01534 616621
Notes to editors:
- Parslows International is headquartered in Jersey, Channel Islands.
- It provides Corporate/ M&A, Commercial Law, Cross Border and International Transaction legal advice together with Private Client and Trust advice. It is able to call upon English, Irish and Jersey law specialists.
- David Hill, Head of Corporate at Parslows International, was lead lawyer on this transaction.
- David has considerable onshore and offshore corporate and commercial experience playing key roles in some high profile corporate and M&A transactions. He regularly acts for multinationals and large international corporations as well as SMEs and high-net worth individuals.
- Before joining Parslows, David was managing partner at Burlingtons and prior to that a corporate/commercial partner at Howard Kennedy.
The Jersey Post Group
- Jersey Post employs just over 380 members of full and part time staff.
- Jersey Post purchased Fraser Freight – a premium logistics services company – in August 2016 and purchased Heathrow Import Clearance Services (HICS) – a commercial customs clearance broker – in December 2016.
- In September 2017, Jersey Post embarked on a joint venture with the Estonian company, Freselle Logistics in a new company called GTS Post. It brings together the expertise of the two businesses to offer worldwide clients a combination of postal, freight, customs and logistics services through a single entity.
- In October 2017, Jersey Post invested in A2B Limited, a leading name in mail and fulfilment solutions in Hong Kong and China. A2B Limited is based in Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong, and specialises in postal and fulfilment services for Hong Kong and China based ecommerce traders and mail consolidators to Europe, America and Rest of World. With over 15 years’ experience in the sector, A2B also offers warehousing, worldwide express courier services, and customs clearance for shipments destined for Greater China and countries worldwide.
- Parcel Monkey was founded on 7 December 2009 by Navin Ramiah.
- Parcel Monkey is based in Southampton, currently employing 23 staff and 12 call centre staff.